Rajasthan Budget 2014-15: Rajasthan Budget 2014-15 is presented today, 14th July 2014 by the Chief Minister of Rajasthan Hon. Vasundhara Raje in the Assembly of Rajasthan. while Vasundhra Raje in February 2014 presented Interim Budget. Check Rajasthan Interim budget 2014-15. Rajasthan Budget 2014-2015 Highlights and Full Budget 2014-15 in PDF format are mentioned below for various competitive examinations in coming days which normally contains 2-3 questions in Rajasthan GK section.
Rajasthan Full Budget 2014-15 in PDF Format Hindi
For More on Budget 2014-15 visit: http://finance.rajasthan.gov.in/speech/budget201415m.shtm
Rajasthan Budget 2014-2015 Highlights: Salient Features of the Modified Budget 2014-15 presented on 14.07.2014
Plan Outlay & other Fiscal Indicators
- Total Plan outlay for 2014-15 Rs.69,820 crore compared to Rs.40,500 crore of 2013-14. An increase of 72%.
- Estimated Revenue Surplus for 2014-15 Rs.737 crore.
- Estimated Fiscal Deficit for 2014-15 Rs.20,186 crore which is 3.52% of GSDP.
- Estimated budgetary deficit for 2014-15 Rs.3,151 crore.
- Estimated total revenue receipts for 2014-15 Rs.1,06,124 crore.
- Estimated own tax revenue for the year 2014-15 Rs.40655 crore against Rs.34452 crore in the 2013-14 RE, which is higher by 18 percent.
- Estimated own tax revenue for 2014-15 as percentage of GSDP is 7.1
- Estimated interest payment in 2014-15 is Rs.10470 crore which is 9.87% of total revenue receipts.
- Estimated capital outlay during 2014-15 Rs. 20565 crore
Economic & Social Infrastructure Development Roads
- Major Programme of developing of State Highways, Major District Roads and other District Roads of 20,000 kms. at the cost of Rs.70,000 crore. State Government to contribute Rs.20,000 crore.
- 6 roads of 1000 kms. to be developed as East-West Corridor.
- Establishment of Rajasthan State Highway Authority.
- Developing one road in every Panchayat under "Gramin Gaurav Path Scheme".
- All the nationalised routes to be denationalised in phased manner.
- Establishment of Rajasthan State Bus Port Services Corporation to develop manages bus-stand in the State.
- Provision of Rs. 360 crore for providing equity to Rajasthan State Bus Port Services Corporation through RSRTC. Rs.10 crore monthly grants to RSRTC on fulfilment of commitments under "Reform Linked Agenda".
- MoU with Pawan Hans for providing helicopter services to various religious places in Rajasthan.
- Massive losses of Rs.75,000 crore in DISCOMs. Restructuring of short term loans to be done.
- Capacity addition of 6,500 MW in the State in next five years.
- 40,000 agriculture connections to be given in 2014-15 as per priority of 31-12-2013.
- Dis-investment of 10% equity of Rajasthan Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Ltd. And Rajasthan Vidyut Prasaran Nigam Ltd.
- Programme for installation of 25000 MW solar energy capacities in the State with an investment of around Rs. 125000 crore. Government to take equity upto 26% in Solar Energy Parks of 1000 MW or more.
- Installation of 5000 ROs in villages / dhanies in five years for providing pure water. Provision for 1000 such ROs in 2014-15.
- Rajasthan River Basin Authority to be set up.
- Scheme of around Rs. 1500 crore for lift and sprinkler system in a phased
manner in Indira Gandhi Nahar Pariyojna Phase II.
- 35000 hectares of area to irrigate by JAICA sponsored Minor Irrigation
- Rajasthan Urban Drinking Water, Sewerage and Infrastructure Corporation to
be established by merging RUIDP and RAVIL into RUIFDCO.
- Sewerage and urban water management works in 6 districts-Pali, Tonk, Bhilwara, Hanumangarh, Sriganganagar and Jhunjhunu at an estimated costRs. 2160 crore.
- Rajasthan Apartment Ownership Bill to be introduced.
- Rajasthan Town Planning and Urban Development Bill on the pattern of Gujarat.
- Rajasthan Urban Land (Certification of Title) Bill to be brought.
- Heritage Conservation Bill for development of heritage buildings.
- Expansion of Mansarovar to Chandpole Jaipur Metro Rail line (under construction) to Badi Chopar at an estimated cost of Rs. 1126 crore.
- Convergence of various individual benefit schemes for BPL families under Swavlamban Yojna.
- Special infrastructure package of Rs.1,000 crore for TSP, Rs.300 crore each for Mewat Area, Magra Scheme and Dang Area and Rs.500 crore for Devnarain Scheme.
- Guru Govalkar Scheme to be started again.
- 7 new medical colleges with 100 seats each at Bharatpur, Alwar, Churu, Dungarpur, Barmer, Pali and Bhilwara.
- State level Cancer Care and Research Center at Jaipur at an estimated cost of Rs. 120 crore.
- New Super Speciality Wings to be set up in Bikaner, Udaipur and Kota Medical Colleges at an estimated cost of Rs. 150 crore each.
- Provision of Rs. 4.88 crore each for Rajrishi Bhrathari University and for Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay University; Rs,2 crore for Maharaja Surajmal Brij University.
- 3 new Engineering colleges on self financing scheme, including at Dholpur and Baran.
- Construction of buildings for 940 primary schools, construction of additional 2609 class rooms, 678 toilets for girls and drinking water facilities in the 155 schools.
Economic growth, employment and inclusive development
- A special policy to be made for attracting FDI and domestic investment in Defence Sector and for using Defence Off-sets.
- Revised Textile Promotion Policy.
- Special Promotion Scheme for Electronic System Design and Manufacturing Sector.
- Revised Ceramic Promotion Policy
- Investment under Food Processing Mission of over Rs. 1,000 crore in 5 years.
- Development of skill development hubs and IT industrial areas by RIICO.
- Amendment in various labour Laws to minimise the rigidities of labour employment.
Petroleum and Mines
- New Mining Policy to be launched. Review of existing mining policy for tribal area.
- Mining lease for mining of Gypsum to farmers & industry by terminating the monopoly of PSUs.
- Renegotiation for Barmer Refinery Project with HPCL.
- City Gas Distribution in various cities through Rajasthan State Petroleum Corporation joint venture with GAIL. Establishment of mother station for starting CNG supply to vehicles.
- Advance storage of 2 lac MT Urea, 50000 MT DAP and 50000 MT single super phosphates for farmers in 2014-15.
- Mobile Veterinary Service in two tehsils of Tonk Districts through call center on pilot basis.
- Breed Development Scheme to be started for animals on PPP mode on Outcome basis. 1000 Centres to be started.
- Gopalan Department established.
- Provision of Rs. 10 crore for providing financial assistance to 100 Gram Sewa Sahkari Samitis for construction of godown at the rate of Rs. 10 lac each.
- Food security to eligible persons as per provisions of National Food Security Act.
- New Tourism Unit Policy.
- Development of Mega Desert Tourism Circuit.
- Rajasthan Divas celebrations to be started on large scale.
- Renovation of identified temples and Infrastructure Development after preparing Master Plan.
- Development of Budha Pushkar, Nathdwara and Kaila Devi.
- Development of Pad Yatra Marg of Ram Deora, Khatushyamji etc.
- Establishment of ITIs in 45 blocks.
- Training to eligible one student of registered construction worker families.
- Programme to train & develop job opportunities for 15 lakh youth.
Medical and Health
- Reorganisation of free medicine and diagnostic schemes into free medicines & diagnostic scheme for OPD patients and an insurance based scheme for indoor patients. Benefit of insurance upto Rs.30,000 for the family (Rs.3 lakh for specified serious diseases). Benefit under the scheme to be available to all those entitled for Food Security Cardholders.
- Investigation programme for birth defect, deficiency diseases and development delay of the children upto 18 years of age under National Child Programme.
- State Registration Cell to be setup for human organ transplantation related issues.
- Government to establish an English medium Model School on the pattern of Central Schools in all Panchayat Samitis. 66 Model Schools to be made functional this year.
- Norms based upgradation of 4900 secondary schools in to Sr. Secondary Schools. Transport voucher facility to students in Panchayat with no Sr.Secondary School.
- Providing of cycle to girls taking admission in 9th class in the govt. schools, in place of cash payment.
- Single recruitment cum eligibility examination (REET) for recruitment of teachers.
- Scholarship to all eligible students for selection in IIT, IIM, NIT and other equivalent National level examinations.
- Increase in the Scholarship to Rs. 12000 per annum to girl students studying in agriculture faculty in graduate / post graduate classes.
Social Justice and Empowerment
- Increase in Mess Allowance to residents of all hostels, nari niketan, residential schools run by govt. department to Rs. 1900 per month.
- Establishment of State level Spinal Injury Center at Jaipur in PPP mode.
Good Governance and Delivery of Public Services
- Restructured Bhamashah Scheme to be started again. Budget provision of more than Rs.600 crore. An Identity Card with financial inclusion through Core Banking Enabled Account for all resident families in the State.
- Enrolment Campaign for Bhamashah to start from 16th August in the State (from 1st September in Udaipur Division).
- Rs.2,000 to be transferred to all women headed BPL families in two instalments.
- 9177 village panchayats to be connected with RAJNET project in 2014-15.
- The number of facilities being provided by e-mitra to be increased to 100 from existing 50.
- Online application system for all residential schemes including Rajasthan
Housing Board. System of e-auction for plots.
- New Rajasthan Pensioners Medical Fund (RPMF) Scheme - 2014 at par with State employees.
- Limit of maximum family pension to eligible dependent children in case of two family pensions increased.
- Appointment on Probation instead of as Probationer Trainees for certain select jobs where direct entry in at senior level.
Financial Management and Fiscal Position
- Fifth State Finance Commission to be constituted soon.
- Rajasthan Development and Poverty Alleviation Fund to be created by way of amendment in FRBM Act.
- Dis-investment of 10 to 25% state equity in RSMM, RIICO and RSRDC.