Rajasthan GK in Year 2013 - Major Events & Point to Remember:
* Former judge of the Rajasthan High Court Justice Sajjan Singh Kothari was today sworn in as Lokayukta. Governor Margaret Alva administered him oath of office in the presence of Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot.
* Dr. Dev Swaroop, joint secretary in University Grant Commission (UGC) has been appointed New Vice Chancellor (VC) of University of Rajasthan, Jaipur.
* Rajasthan government and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) sign an MoU on March 13 for setting up an oil refinery in the state.
* Sakar Khan, a Padma Shri recipient from Rajasthan who played the traditional Rajasthani Kamaycha instrument, died here Saturday. He was 75
* Kanaram Jat is elected New President of Rajasthan University (RU), Jaipur in Rajasthan University Students Union (RUSU) held on 24th August 2013
* Jodhpur Police have arrested spiritual leader Asaram Bapu in a sexual abuse case.
* Government awarded 7 persons for Rajasthan Ratna Award 2013 today Jawahar Kala Kendra, Jaipur. Rajasthan Ratna is the Rajasthan's highest civilian award, for performance of highest order in any field of human endeavor. Founder of Bhagwan Mahaveer Viklang Sahayata Samiti Dr D R Mehta (social service), Jasdev Singh (commentary), Pandit Ramnarayan (Sarangi player), late Nagendra Singh (law), late Kailash Sankhla (environment protection), late Hasrat Jaipuri (Art and Culture) and late Gavri Devi (Maand singer) have been selected for the award
* Rajasthan Minister of State for Dairy and Rural Industries Babu Lal Nagar resigned Thursday, two days after a woman filed a case against him accusing him of raping her.
* Jaipur Metro trail run held on 18th September 2013.
* Vasundhara Raje sworn in as chief minister (CM) of Rajasthan for the second term after a gap of 5 year. The BJP registered a thumping victory by winning 163 of the 200 seats, highest ever win by any political party in the history of Rajasthan
* Union labour and employment minister Sis Ram Ola passed away at a Gurgaon hospital on Sunday. The 86-year-old Congress leader had been suffering from various ailments, sources in Medanta Medicity said. He is survived by his wife, two sons and a daughter.
* Former Rajasthan Agriculture minister Harjiram Burdak died in Jaipur on Friday, 20th December 2013.